Social Media Intern
Unpaid volunteer role, with travel expenses covered
Based at our offices in central Manchester
We are Gaydio, the UK’s only radio station for LGB&T people. We broadcast on DAB Digital Radio across London, Manchester, Brighton, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cambridge and Portsmouth to a weekly audited audience of half a million people. We have recently been awarded an FM licence for Brighton and Hove and have been broadcasting on FM in Manchester since 2010. We also have an active social audience, including 150,000 followers on our Facebook page.
We have a unique opportunity for an intern to join us for 2 – 3 months for up to 20 hours per week (flexible depending on experience). You will be supporting an online and social media project across a number of community stations.
- Source and create and engaging content that has a high degree of virality
- Upload content to website platform and publish on social media pages of partner stations
- Grow the reach of our partners' presence on social media
- Establish new partners and demonstrate the project to them
- Monitor financial return and calculate partner remuneration
- Suggest ways to improve the project outputs
- Support Gaydio’s social media presence and improve audience engagement
- Knowledge and experience of social media platforms
- Ability to generate engaging content ideas for different communities
- Good IT skills
- Good communicator
- Good command of English
- Organised, reliable and punctual
Any information given on this form is solely for the use of Gaydio and will not be passed to any third party. Gaydio believes in equal opportunities and will not discriminate against people based on sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status or other reasonable grounds. We will use this information for the purposes of recruitment and monitoring and it will be stored electronically in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.