Initial 6 month fixed term contract (renewable on successful completion)
Salary: negotiable, depending on experience
Deadline for applications: 1st August 2017
Interviews: 3rd August 2017
Start date: Late August 2017
Last year Gaydio won a licence to start an FM radio service in Brighton and Hove and we've been busy behind the scenes gearing up for our launch. We're now ready to recruit our first member of the Gaydio Brighton team to get the project off the ground and make this a reality for the people of Brighton.
We're looking for a talented and passionate person that understands our brand and connects with the community we serve. Your mission will be to shout about Gaydio, raising our profile and generating income through selling the station to potential supporters. This will involve a mixture of developing and selling our Foundation Partner scheme and offering airtime on the existing Gaydio digital radio service in Brighton. You will concentrate on clients throughout Brighton and Hove, developing new campaign ideas, demonstrating great account management skills and be motivated by winning new business. The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio (although we’re still keen to hear from great candidates who’ve not sold radio before).
Initially you will be field or home based, but before long we plan to develop our own studios and office. Your work will form a big part of delivering this exciting ambition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To understand and actively promote the Gaydio brand, becoming an ambassador for the station
- To seek new business opportunities, mainly with direct clients, but with some agency crossover
- To devise and plan bespoke campaigns to meet customers' objectives
- To work with the production team to implement campaign outcomes
- To account manage the client, reporting back results to them.
Key Measure of Success
- To achieve monthly targets
- To outperform our monthly key performance indicators
- To ensure full accurate information about the deliverables is passed onto the relevant teams
- Have a good commercial and working knowledge of the Brighton and Hove area
- Be money-orientated
- Be a confident self-starter who is pro-active, demonstrates a sense of accountability,
- Able to work independently and engage with the team where required
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Have a proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship ideally in a radio environment
- Ability to identify and put forward ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a highly pressurised environment
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Good attention to detail
- Open and honest, demonstrating personal integrity
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Ambitious and results driven
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people
- Full Clean Driving License (desirable but not essential)