Contracts and Bids Writer
Full Time, Manchester or home based
Salary - Negotiable, dependent on experience
Since our launch in 2010, Gaydio has steadily grown to become the UK’s biggest and only broadcasting LGB&T radio station. This is a responsibility we take seriously, not just in our 24/7 broadcasting but in the social outputs we deliver for LGB&T people. Since our launch we have delivered around 50 projects engaging people in all aspects of our work and engaging with around 250 beneficiaries, mainly in Greater Manchester each year. Gaydio operates as a not for profit Community Interest Company and around 25% of our income is from grant funding from publicly available grant funds.
Due to our fast growth across the UK we’re keen to use our skill to improve the lives of LGB&T people in the other areas we broadcast as well as increasing our work across Greater Manchester. While we already have a bid writer, we’re looking for someone to focus on this role on a full-time basis. You’ll be responsible for identifying and apply for suitable grant bids to mirror our social priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To identify suitable grant and contract funding opportunities that fits with our aims and objectives
- To liaise with funders to assess their requirements and developing a deliverable opportunity around this
- To write professional grant bids, responding to the needs of the people we’re here to serve
- To receive and reflect on reasons for success or rejection and produce a monthly report for the Board of Directors outlining this
- To ensure that we meet any reporting requirements
Key Measure of Success
- Achieving a level pre-agreed of revenue, including the percentage covering our core costs.
- Has experience of applying for and winning grant and contract bids
- Is highly organised
- Able to develop ideas that relate both to our capacity to deliver and ambitions of Gaydio
- Is good at research, looking for key information to backup an argument
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to form good relationships internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strives for quality, looking for ways to continually improve
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Results driven
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people
Any information given on this form is solely for the use of Gaydio and will not be passed to any third party. Gaydio believes in equal opportunities and will not discriminate against people based on sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status or other reasonable grounds. We will use this information for the purposes of recruitment and monitoring and it will be stored electronically in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.