Full Time, office based in either Manchester or Brighton (possibility of part WFH)
Salary - negotiable, depending on experience, OTE up to £40k
We are Gaydio, the UK’s LGBTQ+ Station, reaching audiences through FM and DAB digital radio across multiple cities nationwide. Beyond our 24/7 broadcasting, we are dedicated to empowering the LGBTQ+ community with an array of community training initiatives and ongoing support opportunities, known as the Gaydio Academy.
Over the past year, Gaydio Academy has proudly delivered a series of impactful short-term projects addressing a diverse range of topics. From delivering return-to-work programs in Brighton and inspiring a youth-focused initiative in Edinburgh, we have engaged with and positively changed over 200 individuals' lives, creating meaningful change in their lives .
As we embark on shaping the future of our Academy programme, we are seeking a visionary individual to join our team. This role involves the identification and submission of new grant proposals aimed at addressing needs on our community. We hope the successful candidate will also get involved in all aspects of the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To work with the existing team to develop our vision and strategy for the Academy programme
• To identify suitable grant and contract funding opportunities that fit with our aims and objectives
• To write compelling grant bids, responding to the needs of LGBTQ+ people (this will take the majority of your time)
• Work with our Academy team to seek training partnership
• Work with our commercial team to identify sponsorship opportunities for our Academy programme
• To review the quality of programmes we deliver and see through the implementation of continuous-improvement processes, so we remain relevant and responsive to needs of our participants
• Developing opportunities by liaising with funders to assess their requirements and coming up with bespoke projects to meet this
• To support the delivery of projects and make sure activity is delivered to specification.
• To work with the projects team to assist with project delivery when required
• To evaluate reasons for success or rejection and produce a monthly report for the Board of Directors outlining this
• To ensure that we meet all reporting requirements (evaluations to funders)
• To help raise the profile of the Gaydio Academy programme
• To extend the programme to other cities in which Gaydio broadcasts
• Be happy to take on additional training in first aid and mental health
Key Measure of Success
• To increase committed funding year-on-year, including the portion of overheads
• To ensure all projects are delivered to time and on budget
• To increase the external profile of the Gaydio Academy
• Has experience of applying for and winning grant and contract bids (essential) – this will take up an estimated 70% of your time
• Has worked in a position of responsibility with examples of delivering organisational change
• Can demonstrate strong personal and team organisation skills
• Able to develop ideas that is within Gaydio’s capacity to deliver which link to wider development plans
• Can demonstrate research skills and develop evidence-based cases.
• Has examples of working to deadlines
• Evidence of forming good relationships internally and externally
• Has an excellent attention to detail
• Strives for quality, looking for ways to continually improve
• Open and honest, with strong personal integrity
• Enthusiastic and persuasive
• Able to evidence good numeracy skills
• Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
• Can demonstrate understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGBTQ+ people
To apply, complete the form below. Your answers will be scored against the above specification, so please answer in sufficient detail to enable us to do this. You may want to write the answer into Word and then copy into the boxes below. We want to hear from you, in your experience and check answers to ensure that it's not written by any AI programme. If your answer is written by AI, then it is likely to be rejected.