Manchester Academy, Volunteer Coordinator and Output Producer
Manchester Based, Full Time
Closing Date: 9th July
We are Gaydio, the UK’s biggest radio station for LGBTQ+ people. We broadcast on DAB Digital Radio across 7 cities including London, Brighton, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Portsmouth to over of half a million people. We have been broadcasting on FM in Brighton and Hove for 3 years and have been broadcasting on FM in Manchester since 2010.
We’re about to embark on a plan to accelerate our growth, making Gaydio bigger and better. Our programming ambition is simple. Make great radio and make sure we tell people about it. We also run an Academy programme, offering exciting and engaging opportunities to LGBTQ+ people across the UK as well as a well-established volunteering programme.
You’ll need a really good understanding on the needs of LGBTQ+ people as well as a friendly, welcoming manner. You’ll also be great at managing people, including sometimes difficult situations. Some understanding of radio is important too as you will be giving feedback to volunteers and helping them improve. The role may also include some on air presenting, so we'd be keen to hear any examples of this it also includes some administrative tasks, like uploading shows, so you’ll need to be organised and great at planning.
What we offer
At Gaydio we work hard, but enjoy ourselves along the way. We like to encourage development and will help you improve in what you do. We also offer
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sick pay (after 6 months)
- Complementary hot and cold drinks at our office
- Team wide social activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Looks after Manchester output shows
- Heads up Manchester volunteers
- Delivery of project work (around 50% of time)
- Helping managing some of our Kickstart role participants
- Jointly deputises for the Station Manager
- Is able to help out with other activities across the business such as trafficking
Key Measure of Success
- To ensure that our volunteers are happy and engaged
- To ensure that Gaydio’s Manchester output meets requirements set by the Station Manager
- Has people management experience, ideally that of volunteers
- Has experience of delivering training (including project work)
- Has experience / good knowledge of Radio shows and programmes
- Ideally has experience of using RCS Playout software (or similar)
- Ideally has some on-air presentation experience
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs of LGBTQ+ people
To apply for this role, complete the form below. This is the initial stage of the application process and we will use the information you submit to judge your suitability for the role against the criteria above. We're looking for amazing and enthusiastic people to compliment our existing team. This is your chance to shine, so make sure you tell us all about you and make your application stand out.
Listen again to our In The Mix shows featuring the freshest tracks from the UK's hottest LGBT DJ's!