LGBTQ+ Fostering with Nexus
Nexus Fostering are looking for LGBTQ+ foster carers, and Gaydio has teamed up with them to highlight why it can be so rewarding...
What is fostering?
Why Foster with Nexus Fostering?
Every year thousands of new foster families are needed to look after the increasing number of vulnerable children coming into care. Foster carers are needed to give vulnerable children and young people a safe, caring home environment whilst they’re unable to live with their birth family. Foster Carers enable these children to grow and flourish into independent, well-rounded adults.
Children and young people of all ages and from all backgrounds come into care so people from all walks of life are needed. Whether you’re an individual, a couple or family, you can change the lives of children near you.
Why should you foster?
Can anyone be a foster carer?
In general, you can apply to be a foster carer if you:
- are at least 21 years old
- have a spare bedroom big enough for a child or young person
- are living in the UK, either in your own home or a rented property (permission from landlord is required)
- are willing and able to care for a child or young person, often on a full-time basis.
What are the challenges with fostering?
Why foster with Nexus Fostering?
Nexus Fostering believe all children and young people deserve a chance to live in a family setting and we believe we’re a fostering agency like no other. We are proud that our foster carers and young people will always be our top priority. We’ve been making a positive difference in the lives of children and young people in care throughout England since 2002 and remain social worker-led.
What Nexus can offer...
- Consistently rated ‘outstanding’ with Ofsted
- Our teams are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day to ensure our support never stops.
- Family social events
- Full range of fostering placements provided
- Careful and considered matching process, that leads to successful outcomes
- Extensive initial training and ongoing development
- Support groups and activities for the whole family
- Competitive allowance
- 14 days respite
If you think you could make a difference to a young person’s life, we’d love to hear from you. No obligation and no pressure, it’s a simple process which starts with an initial call about what’s involved. For more information call Nexus Fostering on 0800 389 0143 or visit nexusfostering.co.uk/lgbtq+.