Full Time, Manchester
Salary - negotiable, depending on experience
If you’re passionate about selling, are self motivated and enjoy training others, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Gaydio, the UK’s LGBTQ+ radio station. We broadcast on FM and DAB in Manchester and Brighton and DAB across London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Sheffield, Cardiff, Bristol and Portsmouth to a weekly audited audience of over half a million people.
Due to our fast growth, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join the team in Manchester. This is a senior role, so will suit someone with relevant experience. You'll carry your own target, but will also lead and manager the Commercial team in the Manchester office, ensuring that they have all they need to hit KPI and financial targets. You'll then report to our Commercial Director also based in Manchester.
For the sales target, you will concentrate on clients throughout the UK, developing new campaign ideas, demonstrating great account management skills and be motivated by winning new business. The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio (although we’re still keen to hear from great candidates who’ve not sold radio before).
What we offer
At Gaydio we work hard, but enjoy ourselves along the way. Our culture is very much one of responsibility where we give you the tools and trust to use your experience to do a great job. As part of it you'll get the equipment you need to do the job as well as a rewarding commission structure and a fun and lively environment to work in.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the Gaydio brand, becoming an ambassador for the station
- Helping support and manage the existing team which includes training and involvement in the recruitment process
- Seeking new business opportunities, mainly with direct clients, but with some agency crossover
- To devise and plan bespoke campaigns to meet the customers objectives
- To work with the production team to implement campaign ideas
- To account manage the client, reporting back results to them
Key Measure of Success
- To achieve monthly targets
- To ensure the Manchester team are hitting targets
- To ensure full accurate information about the deliverables is passed onto the relevant teams
- Has at least 5 years sales experience
- Has experience of identifying training needs, delivering coaching & managing a team
- Be a confident self-starter who is pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Have a proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship ideally in a radio environment
- Ability to spot and put forward ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Good attention to detail
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Results driven
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGBTQ+ people
Please note that we score the application that you provide and so it is important that you give enough information in your application so we can properly do this. Any applications that don't properly answer the questions or give enough information to score will be rejected. If you need additional support completing this form then please get in touch and we're happy to help.