Traffic & Commercial Production Executive
Manchester Based, Full Time
Closing Date: 9th July 2021
We are Gaydio, the UK’s biggest radio station for LGBTQ+ people. We broadcast on DAB Digital Radio across 7 cities including London, Brighton, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Portsmouth to over of half a million people. We have been broadcasting on FM in Brighton and Hove for 3 years and have been broadcasting on FM in Manchester since 2010.
We’re about to embark on a plan to accelerate our growth, making Gaydio bigger and better. Our programming ambition is simple. Make great radio and make sure we tell people about it. As such we’re recruiting a energetic and creative person to oversee our Traffic & Commercial Production.
You’ll need to be passionate about our clients and come with a bunch of ideas. The main part of your role will be working with our advertising client put together and delivering engaging on air and digital campaigns. You’ll be creative, confident in talking to clients and knowledgeable about what works and what doesn’t. As part of the role, you will be involved with S&P campaigns and some station sound production, you will also spend time daily planning and scheduling our advert breaks.
We’d also be really keen to hear from you if you have on air presentation experience.
What we offer
At Gaydio we work hard, but enjoy ourselves along the way. We like to encourage development and will help you improve in what you do. We also offer
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sick pay (after 6 months)
- Complementary hot and cold drinks at our office
- Team wide social activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily trafficking
- Commercial production (digital and audio)
- Potentially on-air
Key Measure of Success
- To ensure that daily logs are run accurately.
- To effectively manage commercial production across the business
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Experience of audio production, ideally writing and producing radio adverts
- Is able to produce digital adverts, using relevant software (e.g. photoshop)
- Ideally has experience of using RCS software
- Ideally has some on-air presentation experience
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGBTQ+ people
To apply for this role, complete the form below. This is the initial stage of the application process and we will use the information you submit to judge your suitability for the role against the criteria above. We're looking for amazing and enthusiastic people to compliment our existing team. This is your chance to shine, so make sure you tell us all about you and make your application stand out.
Rainbow Fundraising Weekender
Join Gaydio for a weekend of partying with purpose, raising money for Brighton's Rainbow Fund