Competition Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom (including Isle of Man and Channel Islands) only. Employees or volunteers of Gaydio CIC, Gaydio Brighton, Gaydio Digital, their partners, contributors, recent guests or their immediate families, agencies, or anyone else directly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
2) By entering any competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
3) All prizes are subject to availability. There will be no cash alternative.
4) Source material utilised by our question compilers will be taken as correct. The decision of the Gaydio judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5) Callers are not necessarily entitled to participate in the on-air competition and will not necessarily appear on-air in the order in which they are called. Gaydio is not obliged to reimburse callers for telephone charges when either on hold or on air.
6) Entry into the competition is deemed as agreement to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition.
7) Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8) In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
9) Entries will become the property of Gaydio and will not be returned.
10) Entry into the competition is free and Lottery and Gaming regulations do not apply.
11) No liability will be accepted on the part of Gaydio, its co-promoters or agents for any loss, illness or injury resulting directly or otherwise from participation in any competition or promotion.
12) No liability on the part of Gaydio, its co-promoters or agents will be accepted for any action, civil or otherwise, taken against individual participants in the promotion.
13) Entrants into the promotion have no claim whatsoever to any intellectual or other property connected to any promotion, which remains in the sole ownership of Gaydio.
14) No promotional activity with any 3rd party, can be undertaken by any participant, before or after the promotion, without the express written consent of Gaydio.
15) Collusion with other participants is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate disqualification.
16) Entrants may be required to take part in future promotional activity exclusively for Gaydio before/during and/or after the promotion in connection with the promotion.
17) Gaydio reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notification. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions also apply to any subsequent revision, whether notified or not.
18) Unless stated, Standard network charges apply to text entries.
19) Entrants may be contacted via email or phone or text message by Gaydio and its partners. To opt-out please email email@example.com
20) Competition Prizes are subject to partner conditions as applicable.
21) Gaydio or co-partner cannot be held responsible for delayed or undelivered items that are posted, including but not limited to tickets, wristbands or other entry mechanisms
22) Gaydio or co-partner Is not liable for any expenses incurred by competition entrants and winners related to the provision of this prize.
23) Competitions may be shared across the Gaydio Network. This includes Gaydio in any of the cities we currently broadcast in (list here) under the Gaydio brand on FM or DAB irrespective of the operating company. This also may include, but not limited to, online (including app, website and third party outlets) and via our website and social media.
24) If Gaydio or co-partner is unable to gain contact to the winner, a new winner will be drawn after 7 days.
Addition Teletext Holidays "Hello Sunshine" Competition Terms & Conditions
- A different song clip will be played each day, the entrant must correctly guess the song from the clip as played on air, and/or posted across Gaydio social media, between 7am and 5pm daily and enter at https://www.gaydio.co.uk/win/win-a-trip-to-malta
- Should no entries be correct, Gaydio will search all previous correct entries at random, and short list 3, as below:
- Each Day a new song will be played, and entrants will need to guess and enter daily in order to be in with a chance of being shortlisted for that day.
- Entries are ONLY via the form at https://www.gaydio.co.uk/win/win-a-trip-to-malta. Comments/replies on social posts will not be counted.
- 3 correct entrants will be chosen at random, and shortlisted for a call back on Gaydio Breakfast, between 7am and 10am the next day (or in the case of a Friday, Monday).
- The caller must answer with "Hello Sunshine" within 3 seconds of the phone call being answered.
- If there is no answer or the phrase is not said, we will move onto another caller. In the event that all 3 entrants shortlisted do not answer correctly, no winner from the day is chosen.
- If the entrant correctly answers the phone they go through to the final on 1st February 2018.
- On Friday 1st February, Gaydio will call finalists at random, they will need to answer with "Hello Sunshine - I'm going to Malta" within 3 seconds of the phone call connecting.
- If the correct phrase is not said, we will move onto another caller.
- If no finalist says the correct phrase, the winner will be drawn at random from the Finalists.
- Throughout the competition Gaydio may text entrants / shortlists via SMS to remind them of the phrase.
- Should no entrants answer "Hello Sunshine" across the competition a winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries.
• Blackout dates – 15/02/19-18/02/19, 10/04/19-17/04/19, 24/05/19-27/05/19, 15/07/19-31/08/19
• Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only. Entrants must hold a valid passport.
• Entry is not open to employees, or affiliate employees, of Teletext Holidays, Truly Travel or Alpha Rooms, or their family and friends.
• The last point of entry is 17:00 on Wednesday 30th January
• The prize includes two economy class flights plus baggage from a major UK airport of your choice (subject to availability), a seven night all inclusive stay in a standard room at the 4 star Seashells Resort At Suncrest,. Malta and return airport transfers.
• Spending money and any other expenses incurred such as telephone calls, laundry, additional drinks and food outside of the hotel which is not covered by the all-inclusive board etc. are not included and are the responsibility of the prize winner to settle with the hotel or external venue/bar/restaurant directly. Winners must also provide their own travel insurance.
• The holiday prize must be taken before 31 December 2019. Exclusions dates are as follows during which travel is not permitted - 15/02/19-18/02/19, 10/04/19-17/04/19, 24/05/19-27/05/19, 15/07/19-31/08/19.
• Teletext Holidays do not sell or share your data with any other company. However for the prize winner and their party, we may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
• In the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable Teletext Holidays reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• Use of false name or addresses, for example, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. Teletext Ltd reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and age and address as directed by Teletext before such person may claim their prize. In certain circumstances, Teletext shall, at its discretion, require any person to present themselves in person supported by such documentation for identification purposes (we will reimburse all reasonable travel costs incurred) prior to releasing the prize.
• Entries made using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
• We will contact the winner via email to notify them of their win up to 15 working days after the competition has closed.
• The main winner of the holiday prize must respond within 7 days of being notified to claim their prize.
• All prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be given.
• By entering the competition and opting in, you agree to sign up to Teletext Holidays’ mailing list and receive marketing via email.
• The winners’ name, town and entry may be used by Teletext Holidays on its website, blog, social channels and/or email communications.
• The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
• It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant abides by these rules. The decision of the company is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision. Submission of an entry will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• All personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent. https://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/privacy.
• The promoter of the competition is: Teletext Limited, 2 Vine Street, Uxbridge, London, UB8 1QE
A list of our Competition winners can be found here.